This One Pot Mexican Rice Casserole is a super flavorful, quick and easy ground beef recipe! Your whole family will love this tasty casserole full of beef, rice, corn, and tons of taco flavor!
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion, Diced
- Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Long Grain White Rice, SEE NOTE
- 1 ½ Cups Beef Broth
- 1 15 Ounce Can Corn, Drained
- 8 Ounces Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup Salsa
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheese
- Cook the ground beef and onion together with salt and pepper to taste in a large skillet over medium high heat until beef is no longer pink. Drain grease if necessary.
- Return the pan to the stove and sprinkle the beef with the garlic powder and taco seasoning.
- Stir in the rice, broth, corn, tomato sauce, and salsa.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 18-20 minutes until rice is tender.
- Top with cheese and return the lid to the pan for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
NOTE ON RICE: I always use long grain white rice, but you can use instant rice if that’s what you have on hand. Keep in mind for instant rice you will only need to simmer the mixture for about 5-7 minutes to soften the rice.