A packet of French onion soup mix gives this savoury mince some extra flavour, and baked with a cheesy topping in the oven, it’ll be a hit with the whole family. – Greer Worsley
- 150g macaroni
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 500g beef mince
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 40g sachet French onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease an oven-proof baking dish.
- Cook macaroni in salted boiling water until just al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frypan, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion for 4 minutes until soft. Add mince and cook until well-browned, breaking apart with a wooden spoon. Add carrots and French onion soup mix and stir well. Pour in 2 cups water, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir through tomato sauce, peas and drained macaroni.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes until golden and melted.