Easy cheesy broccoli rice casserole is a classic and comforting side dish that’s great with a weeknight meal or holiday buffet.
- 1–1/2 cups quick cooking white rice (about 4 cups cooked)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, large stems removed and broken into small pieces
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces processed American cheese, divided (such as Velveeta)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup crushed potato chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and broccoli and cook until onion is transparent. Add soup, 4 ounces cheese and milk. Stir until cheese is melted. Remove from heat and stir in cooked rice. Pour mixture into a lightly greased 8×8-inch casserole dish. Crumble remaining 4 ounces cheese over the top of the mixture and then sprinkle with the crushed potato chips.
- Bake for 30 minutes until cheese on top is melted and casserole is bubbly.