This one-dish chicken stuffing casserole is creamy and flavorful; the whole family will ask for seconds!
- 6 oz boxed stuffing mix or 3 to 4 cups homemade stuffing
- 1 ¼ cup hot water
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup or homemade condensed soup
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables defrosted
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine hot water and stuffing mix in bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients to a greased 9×13 pan. Top with stuffing mixture.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and topping is browned.
- Combine stuffing and hot water first so it can soak up the water while you prep the rest.
- Run frozen veggies under hot water to defrost quickly.
- Shredded chicken can be substituted with ground beef, ham or leftover turkey.
- Any “cream of” soup can be used in this recipe.
- Adding a little sprinkle of cheese on the top of the stuffing will give it an extra punch of flavor!
Calories: 314, Carbohydrates: 38g, Protein: 22g, Fat: 8g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 51mg, Sodium: 837mg, Potassium: 424mg, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Vitamin A: 4801IU, Vitamin C: 9mg, Calcium: 78mg, Iron: 3mg