This is your shortcut to a quick and attractive Creole entrée. The catfish fillets are baked for 15 minutes in a crust of tantalizing paprika, cayenne, and thyme. Serve with boiled or baked potatoes and get a meal with real Southern zest.
- 4 catfish fillets, about 1 ¼ lb total
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- On a large plate combine seasonings. Coat fish fillets with the seasoning mixture then place them in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.