- 1/2 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 large green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 lb. thinly sliced rib-eye or skirt steak
- 6 slices sharp cheddar, American, or provolone cheese
- 2 croissants, lightly toasted
- Heat olive oil on a griddle or saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook until onions are caramelized, about 6 minutes.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper, cook and stir for about 30 seconds. Push the veggies to the side of the pan.
- Add steak to pan, cooking while breaking up the meat with the back of 2 spatulas, until no longer pink. Once cooked through, mix in the peppers and onions.
- Top the steak and veggies with slices of cheese and let melt.
- Divide steak and veggies between the two croissants.