- 1 2/3 cups (236g) all-purpose flour, preferably unbleached (scoop and level to measure)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) granulated sugar
- 12 Tbsp (170g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Topping
- 1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, nearly room temperature
- 6 Tbsp (38g) granulated sugar (or a little more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 cups (approx.) assorted fresh fruit*
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves, pressed through a sieve to remove lumps
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a rimmed 12-inch pizza pan (without holes), line with a round of parchment paper and butter parchment paper.
- For the cookie dough crust: In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together 3/4 cup granulated sugar and butter until well combined. Scrape down bowl.
- Mix in egg, then blend in 2 tsp vanilla extract. Scrape down bowl.
- Add flour mixture then blend just until combined.
- Drop batter onto prepared pizza pan, then spread into an even layer with hands coated in non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake in preheated oven about 11 – 13 minutes until just baked through.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For the cream cheese topping: In a mixing bowl using an electric hand mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer), whip cream cheese, 6 Tbsp granulated sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Spread topping over cooled crust.
- For the fruit layer: Decorate pizza with fruit as desired.
- In a very small mixing bowl whisk together preserves and water. Brush mixture over fruit.
- Serve within a few hours of preparing for best results. Store in refrigerator.