Not much beats crab legs and these wood-fired legs are smokin’. Fresh crab legs are doused in an herb garlic butter, grilled and served with fresh lemons for the ultimate take on this seafood favorite.
- 12 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter, Cubed
- 3 Tablespoon Garlic, Minced
- 3 Tablespoon Finely Chopped Herbs, Such As Tarragon, Parsley, Basil Or Combination
- 4 Pound King Crab Legs Or Dungeness Crab Leg Clusters
- 3 Whole Lemons, Cut Into Wedges
- When ready to cook, set the Traeger temperature to 375 °F and preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- In a small cast iron saucepan, place the butter, garlic, herbs, and a pinch of salt. Place the pan directly on the grill grates close the lid, and cook for 5 minutes to melt the butter. Remove the pan from the grill and stir.
- Reserve a quarter of the herb butter for serving. If using king crab legs, split down the center and pour the herb butter over the meat. If using crab clusters, in a large mixing bowl, toss the clusters with herb butter.
- Place the crab legs directly on the grill grates, meat-side-up. Close the lid, and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until hot and beginning to develop a little char on the shell.
- Remove the crab from the grill, and serve with lemon wedges and reserved herb butter. Enjoy!