- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 14 ½ fluid ounces water
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- Step 1Combine ground beef, smoked sausage, onion, celery, and garlic in a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Cook and stir until beef is evenly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in cabbage, tomatoes, water, and rice. Season with garlic salt.
- Step 2Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Cover and cook, stirring once, until rice is tender, 35 to 40 minutes. Preheat the oven to
The jambalaya can also be prepared in the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Follow recipe as directed, but for Step 2, place jambalaya in the oven and cook, stirring once, until rice is tender, 35 to 45 minutes.
Per Serving: 550 calories; protein 28.5g; carbohydrates 44.5g; fat 28.6g; cholesterol 95.6mg; sodium 1610.3mg.