- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, separated
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- Step 1Blend sweetened condensed milk and egg yolks together. Gradually add lemon juice, stirring until mixture thickens and is well blended. Pour filling into crust.
- Step 2In another bowl, beat room temperature egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, and continue beating until egg whites are stiff. Carefully spread meringue over filling, sealing the edges.
- Step 3Bake at 400 degrees F (205 degrees C) until meringue browns, about 6 minutes. Cool. Refrigerate uneaten portions.
Per Serving: 351 calories; protein 6.8g; carbohydrates 53.9g; fat 12.9g; cholesterol 63.2mg; sodium 250.5mg.