- 1 ½ cups peanut butter smooth
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups graham crackers crushed
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (use milk chocolate if you’re going for the Reese’s flavor)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening (coconut oil would work too, but it makes the chocolate coating a bit harder)
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. In a large bowl, cream together peanut butter, butter, and powdered sugar.
- Stir in graham cracker crumbs and mix until well combined and smooth. Shape into balls, about 1 inch in diameter place on a cookie sheet, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, add chocolate chips and shortening. Heat for 1 minute and stir, then continue heating for 20-30 seconds and stirring after each interval until chocolate is almost melted. Stir until completely smooth.
- Dip balls into chocolate with a fork and place on a cookie sheet until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
If the mixture seems dry at first, keep stirring or beat it with a mixer until smooth. Often, it just needs more stirring.If it’s still too dry, add more peanut butter a tablespoon or two at a time, until smooth. If the mixture is too wet, add a few more graham cracker crumbs (or a couple of tablespoons of powdered sugar) until the mixture is moldable.
Serving: 1peanut butter ball | Calories: 286kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 88mg | Potassium: 161mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 195IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg