- 8 ounces (224g) block cream cheese, room temperature*
- 1/4 cup (60g) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
- 1 and 1/4 cups (155g) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 and 3/4 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning*
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound fresh lump crab meat*
- optional: 2 dashes of hot sauce (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C).
- In a large mixing bowl using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, ground mustard, lemon juice, Old Bay seasoning, worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce (if using). Beat on medium-high speed until combined. Using a spoon or rubber spatula, gently fold in the lump crab meat. If you used hot sauce, taste, then add more hot sauce if desired.
- Transfer to a 9-inch (or slightly larger) baking pan, pie dish, or oven-safe skillet. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly around the edges.
- Serve warm.
- Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in the microwave or in a 350°F (177°C) until warmed throughout.