For the crust:
- 1 and ½ cups (180 grams) graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter, melted
For the cheesecake filling:
- 16 ounces (452 grams) brick-style cream cheese softened
- 1 cup (120 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups (360 ml) cold heavy whipping cream
To make the crust:
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and granulated sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and stir until well combined. Add the melted butter and mix until all of the crumbs are moistened.
- Scoop the mixture into the prepared 9-inch springform pan and firmly press it into the bottom of the pan. Transfer to the refrigerator to chill while you prepare the filling.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large mixing bowl using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese for 1-2 minutes or until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, fresh lemon juice, and vanilla extract and mix until fully combined, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Set aside.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to a separate mixing bowl, using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix on low-medium speed for 30 seconds to 1 minute then increase the speed to medium-high and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold one-third of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until just combined, then fold in the remaining whipped cream until fully combined.
- Remove the springform pan with the crust from the refrigerator and scoop the filling on top of the crust. Spread the filling into one even layer and smooth out the top.
- Cover tightly and transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 6 hours or overnight. Carefully release from the springform pan (slice a knife around the outside if needed), then slice, and enjoy!
Store leftover cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.Graham Crackers: To make this recipe easier, you can use store-bought graham cracker crumbs. If you’re crushing your own graham cracker crumbs, you’ll need 11-12 full-sheets to get 1 and 1/2 cups of crumbs.Cream Cheese: I recommend using full-fat cream cheese for this recipe. Be sure to use bricks of cream cheese too and not cream cheese spread in a tub.Don’t have a springform pan? You may also use a 9-inch pie plate that’s at least 2-inches deep. If you use a pie dish, it’s best to press the crust on the bottom and up around the sides of the dish.