- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion (yellow or sweet)
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) Bush’s Best Chili Beans (pinto beans – mild chili sauce) – do not drain
- 8 ounce can Tomato sauce
- 1 can Original Rotel (10 ounce can) – do not drain
- taco seasoning packet (1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup water
Taco Bowl Fixings
- Rice (optional) – My favorite, Copycat Chipotle Restaurant’s Cilantro Lime Rice
- Favorite taco toppings suggestions – cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, jalapenos, sour cream, hot sauce, avocado, fresh lime juice, fresh cilantro, etc.
Brown beef and chopped onions in large skillet over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink and onions are translucent. Add taco seasoning, 1/2 cup of water, mix well – remove from heat. *If you are using higher fat ground beef, be sure to drain excess fat before adding taco seasoning.
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Pour chili beans, tomato sauce and Rotel in slow cooker. Next add browned beef mixture to the slow cooker and mix well.
Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 5-6 hours.
In individual serving bowls, add a handful of Fritos, a small layer of rice (optional), a large spoonful of the beefy taco mixture then top with your favorite taco toppings. Fresh squeezed lime over top is an awesome addition along with fresh cilantro. Enjoy!
Tip – Not a fan of beef? Use ground turkey or chicken.