1 1/3 c. milk
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix1
(14-oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
3 c. heavy cream
1/4 c. powdered sugar1 tsp.
pure vanilla extract
2 1/3 c. caramel, divided
1 (12-oz.) box vanilla wafer cookies
4 bananas, sliced into coins
Flaky sea salt
- In a large bowl, combine milk, vanilla pudding mix, and sweetened condensed milk. Whisk thoroughly, breaking up any lumps, and refrigerate for at least 5 minutes, or until set.
- In another large bowl, combine heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside half of the mixture for topping the dish. Fold remaining half into the pudding mixture, along with ⅓ cup caramel.
- Cover the bottom of a 3-quart trifle dish with vanilla wafers. Top with 1/3 of the pudding mixture. Cover with another layer of wafer cookies—you may want to also stand up some cookies vertically, so you see the full circle along the edge of the trifle dish. Top with an even layer of banana slices, then drizzle caramel on top. Sprinkle on sea salt. Continue layering the pudding, wafer cookies, banana slices, caramel, and salt until you reach the top, ending with a final layer of banana pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or up to overnight.
- Just before serving, dollop whipped cream on top of the banana pudding, then sprinkle crumbled wafer cookies on top.