- 8 lamb chops ¾ inches thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary dried rosemary is not a good substitute here
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat your grill or stove top grill pan to medium-high.
- Combine all marinade ingredients (olive oil through pepper) in a small bowl. Spoon this mixture evenly over both sides of lamb chops.
- Grill lamb chops for 2 to 4 minutes on each side to desired doneness, 135°F for medium-rare. Transfer to platter and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Though it’s not necessary to marinate ahead of time, feel free to season the lamb chops a few hours before you plan to grill them and refrigerate. Take the chops out 30 minutes ahead of grilling to bring them to room temperature.
- Note that this recipe is for lamb rib chops. This recipe works for lamb loin chops, but you’ll want to increase the cooking time by 2 or 3 minutes on each side.
- You can find lamb rib chops already cut in the grocery store, but I’ve found that it’s less expensive to buy lamb rib roasts and cut them into individual chops with a very sharp knife.
Calories: 239kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 23gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 372mgPotassium: 304mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 7IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 16mgIron: 2mg