Making cannabutter is easy, and you should be able to churn out your first batch in no time.
- 7-14 grams of ground, decarboxylated cannabis
- 2 sticks of butter
- Storage container
- Fill your crock pot about halfway full of water. Turn the crock pot on and let it heat to 160-190°F (70-90°C). Using a laser thermometer can aid with temperatures.
- Cut the butter into cubes and add to your mason jars. Add the decarbed cannabis into the mason jars and cover. (If you want to reduce the smell while cooking, add tight-fitting lids to the jars.)
- Put the jars into the water inside the crock pot and secure the lid on the crock pot. Cook for at least 2 hours. Be sure to stir and burp the jars after an hour of cooking. You can let it cook for up to 4 hours. Just check on it and stir hourly.
- When you’re ready, carefully remove the jars from the crock pot and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Using a strainer and cheesecloth, strain the mixture.
- Place the cannabutter into your storage container and put it in the fridge until it hardens up.
You now have infused butter you can use for many recipes!