- 450 g (1 lb) pasta
- 450 g (1 lb) chicken breast, diced
- 3 tablespoons jerk seasoning, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 20 g (1 tablespoon) unsalted butter
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 200 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 200 ml (1 cup) double (heavy) cream
- 80 g (1 cup) parmesan, grated
- Fresh parsley, to garnish, optional
- Place the chicken cubes in a large bowl and toss them in two tablespoons jerk seasoning.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it generously, and cook the pasta al dente according to the instructions on the package. Reserve 1-2 cups of pasta water before draining.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a deep pan or shallow cast-iron casserole and then melt the butter in it.
- Add the chicken cubes to the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the remaining olive oil to the pan and saute the peppers for 2-3 minutes or until they soften to your likening.
- Next, add the garlic and cook for another minute until fragrant.
- Stir in the chicken stock and double cream and cook until it starts to thicken.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and then the cooked pasta. Toss it well until coated in sauce, adding a dash of pasta water if it looks too thick.
- Stir in the parmesan and serve immediately, garnished with fresh parsley and freshly sliced spring onions if you like.