- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 cup celery diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups white rice uncooked
- 3 1/2 cups beef broth
- chopped green onion or parsley for garnish
- Add ground beef to a dutch oven or heavy bottomed pan set over medium heat. Crumble with a spatula and cook 4-5 minutes until no pink remains.
- Add onion, garlic, green pepper, celery, Cajun seasoning, and salt. Stir until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and beef broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 to 23 minutes or until rice is cooked.
- Allow to sit for 5 to 10 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Garnish with green onions or parsley before serving.
Calories: 302kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 783mg | Potassium: 524mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1025IU | Vitamin C: 28mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 3mg