- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- 1 quart oil for deep frying
- 1 (16 ounce) package mozzarella cheese sticks
- Step 1In a small bowl, mix the eggs and water.
- Step 2Mix the bread crumbs and garlic salt in a medium bowl. In a medium bowl, blend the flour and cornstarch.
- Step 3In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C).
- Step 4One at a time, coat each mozzarella stick in the flour mixture, then the egg mixture, then in the bread crumbs and finally into the oil. Fry until golden brown, about 30 seconds. Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
Per Serving: 400 calories; protein 19.4g; carbohydrates 29.5g; fat 22.5g; cholesterol 82.8mg; sodium 805.5mg.