- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, plus 2 tablespoons, chopped, divided
- 6 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 4 soft rolls
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, 1/4 cup parsley, 3 cloves garlic, salt, and pepper. Shape the ground beef mixture into golf ball-size balls.
- Heat a cast iron pan or skillet with oil over medium-high heat.
- Cook the meatballs until browned on all sides. Transfer meatballs to a plate then remove pan from heat.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place the soft rolls in a baking sheet. Cut the top of the rolls with a knife and press the inside down to create a boat.
- Mix together the melted butter, 3 cloves garlic and 2 tablespoons parsley.
- Brush the rolls with the garlic butter. Bake for 5 minutes, or until toasted.
- Place two slices of mozzarella in the rolls. Place a spoonful of marinara on top of the cheese.
- Place three meatballs in the boat and top with more marinara.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.