- cream cheese softened (1 1/2 (8 oz) packages)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 12-15 Oreo cookies , broken into chunks (about 1 1/2 cups)
For the ganache:
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar
For the Oreo Crust:
- Place Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until small crumbs. Stir in the melted butter.
- Press the mixture into a deep dish 9-inch pie plate, covering the bottom and up the sides of the dish.
- Refrigerate while you make the cheesecake filling.
For the cheesecake:
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Add softened cream cheese to a large bowl beat with your stand mixer or electric mixers until fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition. Add vanilla and sugar and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Fold in the Oreo chunks. Pour batter into Oreo pie shell and bake for 35-45 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is slightly firm (it can be a little soft, just not jiggly).
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
For the Ganache:
- Once the pie is cool, make the ganache. Combine the butter and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until the butter is melted and the mixture is simmering.
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl. Pour the hot cream mixture over the chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
- Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and stir well. Pour the ganache over the cheesecake, carefully smoothing to cover the top evenly.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve (at least an hour – the pie can be made up to a day in advance).
To make-ahead: Not only can this cheesecake be made ahead of time, but I recommend it. Make it one day in advance and store it in the refrigerator until serving.To freeze: You can freeze this cheesecake for up to 2-3 months. Cover it well before freezing. To thaw, place it in the refrigerator overnight.
Calories: 730kcal | Carbohydrates: 68g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 138mg | Sodium: 574mg | Potassium: 287mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 46g | Vitamin A: 1140IU | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 6.8mg