- 4-5 pounds Chicken mid-joint wings (I used Tyson Frozen mid-joint wings- thawed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Kick N Chicken Weber’s Seasoning optional (if you like spicy or can add dried red chili peppers to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F (232 degrees Celsius)
- If using frozen wings, thaw them first. An easy way to thaw wings is to place them in a large bowl and fill with water and this should get them thawed quicker. Drain well. Wash and dry your mid-section chicken wings.It is really important to get your wings EXTRA dry. We use paper towels to do this. Being vigilant about the drying process, makes for an extra crispy wing ding. In a sealable plastic bag, add your chicken wings, olive oil, seasoned salt, paprika, garlic powder and pepper. Shake well to make sure the marinade is evenly distributed among the wings. Place marinating chicken wings in the refrigerator on a plate (in case of leakage) to chill for at least 4 hours.
- Place chicken wings on a greased pan. (I have to emphasise that whole greased pan thing so do it well as they do like to stick. In addition when you go to turn them be careful so you don’t rip off the delicious crispy skin as this is the best part.) I like to put my wings on the pan with skin side down first. If your family/friends like their wings spicy, then you can add a little sprinkle of Kick n Chicken spice or dried red pepper flakes to add a little punch. If you like them mild, like me, then these are just perfect as is.
- Turn the wings after about 25-30 minutes of baking. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the wings are super crispy on the top. Remove from oven.
- Serve wing dings hot out of the oven with your favorite beer or rootbeer for the kids. Enjoy!
The secret to good wings is to make sure they are dried off well with paper towels before adding the dry rub marinade.The 4 hour dry rub marinating time allow the flavors to permeate the chicken and is super delicious. If you are running low on time, leave them marinate for at least 15 minutes before throwing them in the oven. Take Care and wishing you a super day ahead!
Serving: 2wings | Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 80mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 111IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 6mg | Iron: 1mg